Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sad day

Ok I am probably just being dramatic but my little one had to be casted today. We got X-rays done 2 months ago and his leg was at a 45 degree bow. The X-rays today show the same. His body is not correcting it quick enough. The cast will help his leg grow straighter from now on...hopefully. The doctor wants to do 4-6 casts that are changed every 2 weeks. Hopefully he will get used to this extra baggage for the next few months. If this doesn't work he will have to have a surgery where they break his leg and reset it straight.

I'm trying hard not to stress but the cast makes everything real. For the past 3 months I've had a completely normal little boy. The only thing abnormal about him is that he is toooo damn cute!!! At least that's what the average onlooker sees. Now with this cast it's a neon light shining "look what's wrong with me!". Not just to everyone else but to me. It was so easy to ignore until we hit this point.
The positive idea I have to keep repeating in my head is that once his leg is fixed, by cast or by surgery, his leg will be completely corrected. He won't walk funny, he will be able to do any sport he wants to do, and he won't have a neon sign shining "look what's wrong with me.". I love my little man so much. I hate the idea of anyone seeing him as less than amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment